Restless night - she just kept moving and fidgeting all night. futzing with the covers, mucking with her diaper. reaching/stretching with her arms/hands. She sat up just once I think and I asked her what she needed.
"I need to get the..."
"I need to be able to..."
She could never complete her thought.
Do you need to pee? NO
Do you want a drink of water? NO
Are you hungry? NO
Then she laid back down and went back to sleep again.
Owen News:
Resting comfortably at the moment. The blood results have returned and the Dr. will be calling soon.
==================
Wow - interesting morning.
The Nurse came to see Susie and we were concerned that she had not had a bowel movement in a few days, so she gave Susie a small enema. When it was time to move her, I helped her up and was moving her into the commode (which we had moved right next to the bed), when she couldn't hold it in any longer. It's a good thing she was still wearing the diaper at that moment, but just then, she started to have a pretty big seizure. She lost all strength and I could not hold her up, so I sat her down on the commode. Her eyes rolled back in her head and her head flopped to the side - while continuing to excrete. The nurse and I were able to get the diaper off her and were just sitting her back down on the commode when her legs got all stiff and stuck straight out - big time seizure. I held her sitting on the commode as she lost all strength everywhere and her bladder voided. Since she was not sitting perfectly on the commode, it kinda went everywhere. After a few more minutes of me holding her up on the commode, she started moaning. :( Still completely out of it however. I picked her up and we transferred her to the bed. We got her cleaned up and gave her some of the emergency suppositories.
Shortly thereafter, Grace, the health aid showed up and we all helped bathe Susie and change the sheets. She was basically sleeping throughout the whole thing.
Owen Update:
-----------
As of last night, Owen was looking perkier, but was still not wanting to eat any food, but when the doc came in this morning, he ate ravenously :). Some of the results from the tests were in. They found super high glucose levels in the blood. Way more than the kidneys can handle, BTW. This could be an indication of diabetes. They are going to retest him in another week and if the levels are still high, then we will have re-evaluate. They also did an ultrasound to check for bowel obstructions, but didn't find anything obvious. The ultrasound did seem to suggest liver inflammation - which could be an indication of a few different types of diseases, but his bloodwork was all normal (besides the high glucose levels), which seems to indicate that his body has it under control at this time.
He's doing better and better, but they will keep him until at least tomorrow afternoon.
Back to Susie - Sleeping all afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment