Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday May 30th

Not a great night. :(

Susie kept waking up every 1.5 hours to ask for pain medication. She kept getting up too and walking around. She had decent stability and was going slowly, so I didn't have to take every step with her at least. At one point, she got up to water the plants just for the hell of it. She also let the dogs out @ 3:30 am and got back in bed without letting them back in.

This morning, she was still complaining of headaches, so I gave her some pain mediacation and she lay back to rest. As soon as I left the room she got up and vomited. :( Time for the big guns - I gave her some liquid pain meds to be sure they got into her system.

---pm---

Kelley stopped by for lunch and reported that she's doing much better. Only some pain now, but no nausea and in good spirits. yay! She also noted that her memory seemed to be working better - even correcting Bob on some details.

From Bob:
* susie had a good morning -- worked with me on fish pond project
* kelley had pizza delivered for lunch
* nurse judith arrived and made slight changes in susie's meds per paula -- drop effexor and atenol
* naomi arrived -- susie drowsing

2 comments:

KelleyK said...

I was there from 11-2 and she seemed to have a great few hours. Totally lucid. She remembered what she wrote on my birthday card a few days ago, "You're doing it wrong" haha. And yes, we ate pizza. Is there anything pizza can't do? :-) She was very willing to use the wheelchair, even letting me know it was free and how great it was.

Unknown said...

Suzie is very lucky to have you, Jonah. I hope you can get some better sleep tonight. Take care of yourself. G and I are thinking about you guys.