Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday, May 31st

Got to sleep very late (2am). Slept soundly until 10 am. Joy.
Not much pain shen she woke up, but we know it's coming.

Having a good breakfast with my sister Sarah.

Last night, after we ate pita chips and hummus (thanks Kelley and Conrad!) with Sarah, Susie wanted to lie down. I got her into bed and left her watching some TV while I went to talk with Sarah. When I came back in, Susie asked what I was doing and when I told her I was talking with Sarah, she said "oh, Sarah's here?" - I'll see her in the morning. heh.

Good cognitive ability this morning - using the computer pretty well. Looking at CNN and google calendar - I removed her ability to delete stuff just in case ;) Trouble logging into mail - can't type without making mistakes - especially with the password. Computer causing more and more problems. Stumbled away due to frustration and needed to be transferred to the wheelchair. Aventually, we convinced her to take a nap.

Funnies:
She says "problem with surfing the net is that my balance is all screwed up" :)

(looking at our huge tomato plants)
"One of these tomatoes is as big as the world's smallest pumpkin."


She did some rock carving outside when Gwenn and Colin showed up on the bikes. Her concentration starting to fade now.
We ordered pizza from a new place on Castro - yummy. (thanks for the coupon, Kelley and Conrad).

Susie attempted to take a 5pm nap - too fidgety, but finally got to sleep. More pain meds were needed to fight off the headache.

Sarah and I went to the store to get dinner and Susie napped. We came back and started to cook dinner when Bob left. Bob went to Liz's place for a "night off" and will also take "tomorrow off" as well. We got him a six-pak before he left however. :) he needs a break, but had not yet admitted it. I'm glad he's taking this time.

When Gwenn and Colin returned from Savannah, dinner was almost ready. Beer-can chicken seasoned with herbs from our garden, Ginger/Garlic marinated Canadian Salmon with Mashed potatoes and grilled sweet peppers. Yumm. Unfortunately, Susie' was too tired to eat with us at the table, and actually had a bad headache, so we gave her some pain meds. She slept while we ate a nice meal. Using the baby monitors borrowed from Shann and Guy, we were able to listen to her calm, rhythmic, light, snore.


We ate dinner while Susie slept, then I stayed up late - talking with Sarah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the funnies. I can totally hear Susie saying them!

Unknown said...

hee hee hee! thats one big tomato. :>

Unknown said...

While Susie rested in the bedroom, I laid down with her and Kaili. Kaili loved hanging out w/ us on the bed, while Susie told the story of how Owen was away for a month. Susie said, "we did all the things we weren't supposed to do when Owen got back - fed him all the kibble he wanted, all the water he wanted. He was 6 pounds when he came home from Los Gatos. Or was it Los Altos?"