Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Monday Night, August 18th

I started watching "The Notebook" on my laptop tonight while in bed next to my sleeping Susie. I had no idea what it was about. It was a good, touching story which left me in a rather sentimental mood.

Near the end, I got up to let the dogs out and noticed that Susie's eyes were open. I stroked her head and told her that I loved her. Her eyes just blinking at me - not really responding. I kissed her hand and then her forehead. Lookin at me, she just blinked and didn't respond. I thought about all the wonderful times we have had together.

Emotion poured out of me and I started to cry. I told her how happy she made me. I told her what a wonderful person she is and what a wonderful wife she is and that she is my world.

Still looking at me, she lifted her hand and reached for mine which I took and kissed - that's when I really lost it and started to sob.

I said I was sorry for crying so much.

She lifted her other hand as if reaching for me. I bent over and hugged her tenderly, still sobbing - she placed her other arm around me and squeezed me a tiny bit.

bittersweet joy.

No comments: