I do appreciate everyone reading this blog to keep up to date with what is going on in our lives.
I'm finding it quite difficult to recall what happened when yesterday or the day before and sometimes just earlier that day is hard to recall.
When I don't post throughout the day I seem to forget what happened, but work is getting busier and home is getting busier as well.
I'm doing my best to keep it up to date for everyone and I really do appreciate the kind notes from everybody.
---
Susie moved around in the hospital bed most of the evening and that kept me awake a ton while trying to sleep in the couch next to her. I found her legs on the floor at one point, but she was just lying on her side on the bed. I moved her legs back into the bed and backed the big green chair up to the edge of the bed to block her legs from falling off again. We need more bars on this crib! ;)
The nurse was not scheduled to come today, but with what happened last night, they are going to check the % of anti-seizure meds in her blood (which I'm sure will be low since we are unable to keep pills down for the most part).
Since she doesn't like the suppositories, I'm not sure what options we have.
I was able to get a few pills and the suppositories in her this am.
The nurse came by and took some blood and will bring that to the lab.
Susie was awake and somewhat talkative at first, but perhaps the Diazepam suppository made her really restless and she stared to pull at everything that she could - bars, sheets, stuffed toys, my shirt. I asked her what she wanted, but she could only mumble. I asked her to say yes or no and she only mumbled. I thought that she needed to be changed, but I could not get her to say yes or no. She kept trying to get up, but couldn't and we weren't sure if we should let her. We finally decided to change her and got her standing where I stunned Kelley with a speedy diaper switch-o-rama. Then we changed the bed with her standing there - holding on to the wheelchair and me and we forced her to sit back down on the bed where she finally gave in and went to sleep almost instantly.
She woke up soon after and was really hurting, so I had to give her some Oxyfast... Let's see what fireworks go off today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jonah,
We check your blog everyday. Being hundreds of miles away your blog makes us feel closer to you and Susie, but we also feel helpless. Steave and I wish we could be a support to you. We can tell that you have extraordinary friends in California. That's awesome. I don't know if you can sense it but we are praying for strength for you as you support your wife.
You're my hero, Jonah. And I know you are Susie's.
Take care, Buddy.
Love, Lisa
Dear Jonah,
Thank you again for the blog, and if you feel it's too much for you to write, I'm so thankful for what you *have* been able to share. Your writing has blessed me with feeling like when I pray for Susie and you, it has become so much more personalized. Thank you again for sharing you and Susie with us. Much love and strength to you both-
roma
Let's see what I remember from today. So, I worked from home. Not MY home, but Susie & Jonah's home. I think that counts. :-)
Yes she was definitely very loopy this morning. Completely spaced out. But then the side effects of the meds wore off and she spoke like a human being. Wild! Jonah did amaze me with a speedy standing-diaper change and after that, she slept all afternoon. Rather uneventful.
When evening came, Conrad came over and Jonah cooked amazing Indian food. She didn't eat any of that but she DID eat a whole NutriGrain bar, an ice pop (pedia lyte) and some Ensure drink. I think that's the most she's ingested in a while. And she did not vomit once today while I was there. Hooray!
She was still sleepy, but she did help sing the Peanut Butter Jelly Time song. If you don't know it, please Google it. :)
I think she went to bed around 9pm, walking to the bathroom herself (actually using the locked wheelchair as a walker - not a bad setup) with Jonah's assistance. She had not taken any anti-hallucination meds, so she was waving her hands around a lot, as if seeing things in the air. Poor Susie.
A funny I forgot... Susie was sitting at the table finishing her Nutri Grain bar when she dropped the last bite of it on the floor. Kaili was over there in a shot to gobble it up. Susie looked at me and said, "Kaili is an opportunivore."
Post a Comment