Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday, July 11th

I tried to go to sleep early (11PM) and not wake Susie up when I got it bed, but she was pretty fidgety and didn't stop moving, grabbing at invisible strings, etc. At least she was not getting up, however, so I did sleep a bit... for the 1st hour.

Then she was getting up, so I asked her if she had to go to the bathroom and she said "NO". I asked what she wanted and she said that I couldn't help. I helped her to the end of the bed where she said she wanted underpants (she was wearing diapers at the time). I got her a pair of shorts and helped her get them on over the diapers - this seemed to be ok... for about 10 minutes. Then she was trying to get up again. This time, I helped her get to the bathroom where nothing happened, and I changed her and got her back into bed. (whole process took about 1.5 hours) I asked her if she wanted a sleeping pill and she said yes, so I gave her one. 45 minutes later she was finally asleep and we both stayed that way until 7:00 a.m.

Grace came by and gave her a bed-bath ~11:30 and Jana and Jon stopped by with baby Tristan! Woohoo!

After a short visit, Susie went back to sleep.

She woke up briefly when the nurse stopped by to fill the meds and introduce a new nurse who would be visiting this Sunday. They said hello to Susie and she was slow to respond, but speaking ok. I got her to eat a nutri-grain bar and take some meds.

No comments: