Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday, July 7th

Surprisingly, she slept through the night. We were all shocked because she slept the entire day the day before.

She woke up needed to have her as well as the bed changed. I got her to the bathroom while we tried to dry out the mattress. Even with a plastic sheet, it still got a little wet. We moved her to the hospital bed while we worked on the big one.

The Nurse came by to check on her and while she was here, Susie was complaining about headache pain. We gave her a small dosage of the Oxyfast (liquid pain medication) and waited to be sure the pain subsided. Melinda (the nurse) did say that she thought Susie was declining - but we all know that this comes and goes in strange ways. Melinda took her vital sings and we were surprised that her pulse was in the 50s! Other times that she's checked Susie's pulse, it's been 80-90+. It's also odd that the pulse is different in each arm. I gather that Chemo can do that to your veins.

Grace also came by at this time and gave her a "bed-bath".

Since then, she's been sleeping all afternoon in the hospital bed.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

As I was telling Susie goodbye (she had just woken up a little) she said "We'll have to do this again sometime!"

Jennifer said...

That morning I was looking at the fish tank which was in motion, a lot of chasing and jumping around. I started to try to describe it to Susie but as I was telling the story I said ... oh I wish I could remember the name of the fish!

Susie said ... I wish I could too!