Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday, July 25th

"Dogs and Cats" first words I've heard from her in a long time. I was still somewhat sleeping. Then she was starting to get up and I asked her what she wanted. "I want to plug in the...." The TV? no The Radio? no the Pond Pump? YES!

Wow - I guessed it!

I'm sorry Susie, the pond is leaking and I don't want to run the pond dry. I have to fix it first. I'm sorry. "That's OK"

Last night, there was a whole lotta hand waving - like she's reaching for a door handle or something. Then it looks like she's playing with string or something. Then the hands move to hold her head, then back out - reaching again. Probably due to the visions that the drugs give her, but there are other parallels that could be drawn here. (soul trying to leave or similar).

Also, sometimes, she sleeps with her eyes open - not responding to me at all, yet blinking and seems like she's awake. This seems to be happening more and more

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonah, I hope it helps that you write what is happening, it must be so sad to watch Susie decline day by day. We are sad too. And we love the idea about the wedding rings! very cool.
We miss you, send you loving hugs and wishing we could be closer.
love,
your sister Sarah, Bill & Sadie

Anonymous said...

Jonah, we are thinking of you and Susie often. The new baby is keeping us busy, so it's made it hard to get down to see you, but hopefully we can soon. Love to you both - Sally and Bryan M.

KelleyK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KelleyK said...

A quick pseudo-update for those waiting for a real update from the source... Not a lot of change over the weekend. Still sleeping most of the time. She seemed to be talking more, though, so that's a pleasant change. I'll add more in Jonah's next post. :-)