Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wed, June 4th

Another restless night. She got up @ 2 and fell (when I woke up). Asked her to please wake me up so I could help her. I helped her to the bathroom, but she was unable to pee (but said she did).

Then she got up @ 4, but I heard her before she got too far.
She said she didn't want to wake me
She said she thought her dad was next to her and she didn't want to wake him
She sais she was on her way to find me
She said she was "on her way back"
(couldn't get her story straight)
Again, she tried to pee but couldn't (but said she did again)

Kinda hurting this morning, but still asleep when I left for work

5 comments:

KelleyK said...

Somehow we've gotta hook up Susie & Leon so they can wear each other out and then sleep soundly at night. But I'm out of practical ideas.

Unknown said...

Jonah -
Bernice forwarded me your blog link. It broke my heart to read what you and Susie are going through. When I read your words, I see so much love and courage in them. I know that you are taking wonderful care of her, but take care of yourself too. If there is anything that I can do to help, please ask.

Lastly, what is a good day to bring over a home cooked meal for you guys?

Anonymous said...

Susie had a good afternoon today. Her dad brought her cereal and coffee around noon, and in an hour or so she was up working on her fox carving outside. I had a funny conversation with her, about her weird dream, the value of her sculpture if the zealots were to get ahold of it (Hey, that's Elvis in the crook of his paw) She carved for a while I don't know how long, then decided on rest again. Bob got her to eat a little soup and crackers, and she napped. Gwen and Colin came by around 5:30, Gwen and Jonah went to hockey and Colin started cooking a yummy sauce for spagetti. Susie sat on the couch and Colin said they had a fun time. Then her head hurt too much and Bob took her back to bed with a pain pill, hoping she'd feel some relief.
I heard Bob call me from the bedroom about a half hour later, and we ran in to find Susie breathing really heavily,snoring and hyperventilating, completely passed out on the bed. She wasn't shaking, so we knew it wasn't a seizure, but it was scary. She and her dad had been on their way to the bathroom.
We watched her until her breathing calmed, perhaps only a few minutes. Within 5-10 minutes she was quietly breathing, still passed out. Bob and I in the meantime had changed the sheets and her shorts, and by the time that was half done she was awake ("I can't go like this: the bed sheets don't match!!"). What a relief!
Gwen and Jonah came back from hockey, but we ate Colin's delicious spag&sauce without Susie who stayed in bed sleeping lightly :(.
Jonah and Bob hadn't yet seen anything like this, they will talk to hospice tomorrow to find out more about it.
Susie was quiet for the rest of the evening, so we're hoping she'll feel better tomorrow.
-- Sarah, Jonah's sister

Anonymous said...

Jonah - Thank you for setting up this blog. It lets those of us far away feel like we can be with you during this time. We want to send our love to you both and know you are in our thoughts everyday. Isabella overheard Dave and I mention Susie's name. Isabella's reponse was "I remember Susie we played with dough at the restaurant, she is very funny."
Take care, Lisa and Dave

Unknown said...

I arrived around 5:30PM. Went into SNJ's bedroom, and Susie was awake! She said that Jonah had popped in to say "hi" while she was brushing her teeth a few minutes ago, but otherwise, she hadn't seen him at all. :) That stealthy Jonah! Susie was asking Jonah not to go to hockey, he asked why, and she said that he might get hurt. Then, she looked over at me and winked (w/ a smart a** look on her face)!