Good sleep last night. joy.
She woke up @ 6 and got a huge bowl of ice cream because she was hungry.
Good balance - still really wobbly, but I did not have to support her.
I thought she would be in a lot of pain because she had not had a pain pill in a long time, but she said her head felt better than it had in a long long time. She spilt chocolate ice cream all over herself, but enjoyed it thouroughly. I gave her half a pain pill and she went back to sleep.
she woke up @ 8 feeling horrible - head killing her :(
it's so odd how things can change (even when she's been given pain meds!)
We are off to the Dr. soon
Not sure how much longer will will have to take her to the Dr.
Update: now her head is killing her and we decided not to take her to the Dr. It would have been just too much for her at this time. Trying to reschedule.
Elise delivered lunch, but couldn't stay
she slept until about 3:30 when she finally woke up, but still stayed in bed. I fed her some yummy veggie lazagne by the spoolful and then cooked food for the Bob, and Sarah. We had just finished eating in bed when Gwen Young and Gloria stopped by and hung out with Susie for a bit on the bed, then Susie got up and we wheeled her outside so she could show off her carvings.
She got tired and wanted to go inside to lie down - when we got her to the bed, she nearly collapsed when we laid her back. Breathing shallowly and staring straight ahead. Breathing out, she was puffing her cheeks out as the air was escaping past her lips. not responding to questions, but I asked her to squeeze my hand if she could hear me. She did, but kept looking straight ahead. Not as bad as the day before, but still kinda freaky. After a few minutes, she started to regain control, but had no idea that anything had happened (which is good I guess).
She slept most of the evening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We had a great visit with Susie today. She was responsive and had the usual quips ready to go combined with some great Original Susie faces. She sure razzed Gwen good. Heh.
The breathing thing that happened when we were leaving, it seems to occur when she goes from vertical to horizontal. Maybe it's too fast? I know I have some vertigo issues sometimes when I do that. And Gwen said that when she was a kid, she and her sister would pass out if they jumped up and hit the bed hard upon landing. I dunno. Just ideas.
Being with Susie- watching her expressions and giving her the chance to talk- I can see her shining personality come out in full force. :)
Jonah,
Dave Harris talked to Steave last night to give us an update and to give us your blog. Thank you for doing this. Jonah, you and Susie are the strongest people we have the priviledge of knowing. You both are in our prayers. Tell Susie that Steave rescued a bunny from a pet store who was going to be sold as "snake food". We named her Panic and she is one heck of a swimmer. You should see her cruise around our pool!
Post a Comment