I think that the new patch medication is working much better.
I still need a nap anyway - but who doesn't? :)
We got up early today (7:30) to go to the doctor.
Got her dressed and ready to go pretty easily.
A little difficult getting into the car.
While waiting in the exam room for the doctor, Susie looked in the mirror and said
"Do you think those people can hear us?" Heh.
Her oncologist was asking her questions and her answers were all wacky.
How are things going?
"Jen just left last week" (Jen left many weeks ago)
How does your head feel?
"My neck hurts a bit - especially when I'm at work" (hasn't worked since beginning of April)
How are your headaches?
"not bad since I've been taking the
Any other pains?
"my legs hurt from gardening yesterday" (hasn't gardened in weeks)
We told her about the bugs that she has been seeing and I think they are going to give us a drug for that.
She also suggested some bed rails for safety - might go pick those up today.
We ate some Cheerios and then she went down for a nap.
Hospice nurse came by about 2PM to check on her.
The oncologist and the hospice nurse decided to up her pain medication which really should help the ups and downs.
They also prescribed something to help her with the visions she's been having.
Running Joke:
Bob says "I'm going outside" and Susie asks "what is your cell Phone #?"
(whenever Bob goes anywhere, he gives Susie his cell #)
Gwenn came over to watch Susie while Bob went to pickup Sally and Steve. Colleen and Gavin also came over to keep an eye on her while I went to Hockey.
Very low-energy day, but extremely restless. up and down and up and down all evening. I'm sure she's excited that her mom and Steve are here.
Funny:
Here is a Nausea pill, Susie.
"what, so the nausea and anti-nausea can fight it out?"
3 comments:
I think it's a blessing in disguise. Yes, her short-term memory is definitely affected, which stinks BUT she doesn't seems to realize how long this has all been going on. And that's pretty great, if in her mind, things are mostly normal. She told me on Saturday that she'd been sick for 3 days and that the first day was the worst, because you and Bob were hovering over her a lot. It was better the 2nd and 3rd day. :-)
I guess I don't have to feel so bad about having not been there as much as I would like to. At least she remembers I was there, and that's nice.
It was really great to get to help out with things on Saturday =) Seemed to me that when susie is fully alert, she's mostly talking about normal things, with an overactive sense of humor! When she gets tired, however, it almost seems like her brain goes to sleep before her body, and she talks about things that are out of context, almost like she's talking in her sleep.
The bug hallucinations are weird, but almost fun, as she spent some good quality time killing bugs in the living room =). We were sitting in her room and she told me i had bugs all over my arms. So i brushed them off, of course. duh. And she said "well don't brush them off inside!" haha! I think she may secretly know they aren't there and is just fucking with us =P
Post a Comment