Good sleep all night (woohoo!)
A little restless from time to time, but overall she only got up once @5am, I think.
Then she woke up @ 8 to take pills - and M&Ms - heee.
Back to sleep until ~10 when Naomi showed up. We chatted for a long time in the bedroom. Not much headache pain and good responsiveness.
She took a long nap in the afternoon and woke up with a headache so we gave her some pain meds and tried to comfort her. After an hour or so, she got tired again and fell asleep.
The baby monitor helps a ton, but since she doesn't cry, we can't tell what a noise could be until we actually go in there to check it out (which might wake her up when we don't mean to). There have been many false alarms and many times she has stealthily gotten out of bed before we even knew anything was happening.
So, I purchased a cheap black&white nightvision camera that I mounted in my closet and connected to a small TV in the office (via a cable going out the window). I can now hear and see what she is doing while I'm working on the computer or just talking with people.
The piece of mind that we get from being able to watch her without disturbing her is huge relief.
Susie was sleeping this afternoon and from the office, we saw Toby hop up on the bed and walk over to her and look at her face really closely, when she turned and just looked right back at him - it was really really funny. Heh.
She must have asked me about 8 times today what day it was and when was Sally and Steve coming. Sometimes she got it right and knew what was going on, and 10 minutes later, she would ask if it was Thursday.
Hopefully, we can get her up and out early tomorrow to make it to the doctor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey, alright! A good nights sleep at last. M&Ms for breakfast, yee haw. :>
Ice cream, cookies and lazagne - three great tastes that taste great together! Glad to finally read about a little more sleep - are you cat napping at work?
Thanks everyone for keeping the blog updated. It's hard being so far away and not being able to visit. I'm glad Susie and Jonah have so many friends that are helping out.
Yeah for a good night sleep (for both of you)! Glad the baby monitor helps...I can totally relate to needing to see too. I like the idea of the b&w camera. Jonah, your strength at this time is inspiring. Take care.
The camera idea is amazingly good! it will stop any frenzied running in at every sound to make sure she's ok hopefully! and I agree, M&Ms should be a part of every morning experience :-)
I've got it! M&M cookies! ...but I can't really add milk until AFTER they are cooked. Next batch.
Jonah -
When I got home from visiting there, the first thing Sydney did was show me something she'd made for Susie. It is a paper plate that she decorated with clay. In the middle is a tree, with its roots shown below the surface, a bright sun shining in a blue sky, and grass all around. In the middle she also wrote "Susie". Around the rim she has written, "you will keep growing in me".
She did this on her own, apparently after school last week.
Will take a picture and email you - since I'm unsure whether it would make it through Customs intact. Will send though.
PS: I echo what Shann said so eloquently.
Post a Comment