Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday, June 23rd

Susie got up early(7:00) after a good night's sleep.
She used the bathroom and then was just kinda confused. indecisive.
Not hungry, not wanting to sleep, not wanting to sit down, not wanting to go the living room, etc. Yet, minute by minute, it was clear that she was getting weaker and weaker from just standing there. She wanted to let the dogs out, then in, then out, then in.

Finally Mark and I got her to get back into bed where she fell asleep.

She awoke about an hour later and tried to get up. Then she said "I'm going to puke" - I rushed a bucket over to her just in time. After that, she went back to sleep.

Grace gave her a washup a few hours later and then Melinda from Hospice took her vital signs. After some fruit and yogurt for breakfast, we wheeled her back to take a nap.

I helped her up to go to the bathroom at about 1:30 and noticed that her pain patch was MISSING AGAIN! Argh! I reapplied a new patch and hope this one lasts (the last one until tomorrow).


Recurring Theme:
What is this place? (meaning our home) :(
Why are we here?

5 comments:

KelleyK said...

We came over in the evening and convinced Susie not to go to work, because Ian is in Hawaii for the week and he won't know if she blows off work. :-) She was picking out her clothes for it though.

Funnies:

Kelley: What do you want to do?
Susie: I want you to GET into bed and quit giving me LIP!

Conrad: Susie, stand up out of the chair and I'll hold onto you.
Susie: How YOU doin'?

Susie: Just a good ole' cat, never meanin' no harm. But that little cat's been in trouble with the law since the day he was born.

Conrad: blahblah...nerds
Susie: Standard nerds!

Susie: One might say that. One might also say, "Blubidablubidablubidah"

Mark: Do you want water, juice? How about blueberries or strawberries?
Susie: Lobsterberries!

KelleyK said...

Susie: "People using software and not knowing what they're doing? Never!"

KelleyK said...

They keep coming - I can't stop.

Jonah: Susie, do you want to go to bed or stay in the living room with us?
Susie: I'm fine staying out here with you. I can stand the smell.

Colleen said...

actually, i think strappleberries are her favorite =)

Elise said...

she's also a fan of Nikoberries... :)