Great sleep last night (for Susie at least).
She slept from 11:00 or so to at least 8 (when I left for work).
last evening, there were two completely different Susie's at one point.
1. Woke up and needed to go to the bathroom, so I offered to help and she accepted. Near no balance at all, so we used the wheelchair. nothing came of it, but I got her back into bed fine and she went back to sleep.
2. Less than an hour later, she woke up and was having difficulty getting out of bed. I offered help and she refused. Almost got to her feet and still refused help. Finally grabbed one hand as she lunged for the door to the bathroom, I stopped her from falling and supported her. She said she didn't need the help and to stop helping. I told her I just wanted to make sure she didn't fall. She got mad and tried to push me out of the way. When I would not let her go on alone, she became furious (both you and Bob are driving me crazy!). She stormed (as best she could) back to the bed and was able to somehow get herself back into bed, but face down. She started to sleep this way almost instantly.
We watched her remotely and saw her finally turn onto her side (which took a while).
Gwenn and I stayed up late drinking some much needed wine and kept an eye on her - slept all night. :)
Home heath aid came this morning - I don't have an update on what happened yet.
====
Grace is wonderful with Susie!
Susie listens to Grace and does what she says - much better than arguing with us :)
When I arrived home, she was up and in the hospital bed, but starting to get tired, so we moved her into the bedroom.
Soon, Liz, Ashley, Colin and Gwenn arrived and started to cook dinner while the Zielinskis went out for dinner. Everyone visited with Susie while we cooked and ate. She had a small episode and rested for a bit. I helped her in the bathroom to change and get her back into bed. Later in the evening she had a more severe episode. I held her hand and stroked her head as she got through it. Bob and I took advantage of the situation and changed her and the sheets while she was still in bed and out of it.
We left her to sleep and sat and talked in the office while watching her on the monitor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is wonderfull to see all of S&J's friends come over to lend support. I know it seems like we don't do to much to acctually help but I feel just being there for whatever is a benefit for the family. The caretakers are there for Suzie but I feel that we are there for them aswell as Suzie! Thanks to everyone for there time and love. Hoping for peace for Suzie!!
Post a Comment