Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday, July 31st

She seems to be responding and talking much less these days. Most times when I say hello, I barely get a reply. Sometimes she responds "hi" or "yes/no", but sometimes it's just mumbling. More recently, it's just a blank stare. Almost like she is sleeping with her eyes closed. This particularly hurts when I say "I love you, Susie. I'm going to work now, Have a nice day" and all I get is a blank stare - nothing. :(

Some days are better than others, however.


Last week, the doctors are concerned that Susie isn't having regular bowel movements and have given us oral and rectal medicines to help. Bob and I decided that it had been long enough without one, so we gave her a suppository at 7PM and waited. Nothing happened, so I went to sleep. Luckily, I was aware of her fidgeting @ 1:00 a.m. a bit more than normal and was able to stop her from removing the diaper in time. It was an easy cleanup (phew!). If she were able to remove it, it would have been quite messy.

Of course, later that night, she did take off the diaper, but there were no messes to cleanup, so it was ok.

No comments: