Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday, June 3rd

Kindof a rough night.

We had a small accident ~2:00 am and I had to change the sheets. I found her on the floor trying to get to the bathroom, but she didn't make it. She doesn't think to wake me up or ask for help. :( She did however, go right back to sleep.

She got up again at 4 (and was on the floor again) and again didn't ask for help beforehand. Arrgh! I helped her to the bathroom - again she did go right back to sleep, so that was good.

The thing is, she can slip quietly to the floor without making a sound, so I don't always hear her. I'm looking into a "bed alarm" - we'll see if that helps.

When she's struggling to get out of bed or walk or anything really, she's started becoming quite short of breath. She's really working hard and it's taking a ton of her energy. We are trying to limit this excertion, but as you can imagine, it's quite tough.

it's 11:30 now and she's still sleeping away :)


I went out for a quick errand and when I came back, she was up!
Bob made her eggs (only with Ketchup!) and she had some coffee.

Then, we wheeled her outside to do come carving.

Sarah and I moved the bed over to give her more room on her side of the bed and we also steam-cleaned the carpet.

Susie needed a rest, so we wheeled her back inside.

The Social worker stopped by and I talked to her for a bit, then Susie, then Bob.

Preparing for Tracy and Bobby to come over tonight :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See below under Monday's comments for Tracy's comment.

I wanted to add that Susie was funny as ever and wanted everybody else to eat with her (instead of standing around). She tried a kumquat that made her eyes go wide and what a look she gave! I cracked up. Yes, kind of sour. She seems to be enjoying fruit.

I asked if she's now eating meat and she looked me in the eyes and said, "noooooooo," with a bonus Susie eye roll. :P