Our anniversary.
Last night, afterI got home, Liz and Bob reported that Susie was extremely active, but ended up getting sick, so what was an extremely active day, became a bad evening. She was unable to take any of her pills - they came right up.
When I got home from hockey, she was resting comfortably, I got her to take one anti-nausea pill with minimal water and sat with her a bit to make sure that stayed down. It did. I brought her some frozen blueberry yogurt (try it - stick a flavored yogurt in the freezer! - yumm!) which she devoured. I fed her a few more pills which also stayed down. great!
I went off to make a sammich (but left the bedrails down - Bob had said that she requested that they be left down), and moments later, I heard her voice in the hallway - just outside the bedroom. She had gotten up quickly and was giving me the yugurt container when she pitched sideways and fell really hard into the cardboard catlitter box - crushing it halfway. Actually , the best thing that she could have fallen on! She said she wasn't hurt, but I bet we will see a bruise on her butt today. Since she had some strength, I was able to get her up without other assistance. Got her back into bed where we both had a good nights sleep.
She was still sleeping when I got up this a.m.
Bob and Sally will be taking a 2week break . Bob leaves this Friday and Sally on Saturday. Mark will be arriving on Friday to help out. We'll see how this weekend and next week go. It's definitely going to be hard and I will really miss Bob's help, but I know he needs a break and I'm glad he's going to go back to his normal life - even if it's only for a bit.
I, however am totally committed and would not have it any other way. I get my time at work and hockey, so I do get my breaks, too. Probably moreso than Bob!
Still sleeping at 3:30 - bob cancelled the massage appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, I guess I can continue from about 5:15 pm. I showed up and promptly got the tag team dog bark duet going. You gotta be a librarian to do the shush right because I was still at it when I heard Susie say, "Skyla!" Oops.
Well, since you're up, Susie...
I just went in and plopped on the bed with her and we chatted a bit. I told her that the twins (Kvarda) were coming and that one of them was pregnant...with twins! Susie said, "great! Do they know who the father is?!"
HAHAHAHA!
We all had a great time and Susie was funny, as usual, and she even made some faces at Gwenn.
Just the sound of her voice - laughing like we've all heard a million times before - was the best part of my day.
Thanks, Susie.
Jonah,
I should have remembered it was your anniversary on June 17th! (especially because in the extra room I stayed in at your house there was displayed a tapestry with your names and the wedding date. Ooops. :) Not to mention we were at your wedding. Oh dear.
I wish I were still there with you guys to help. Your friends are the best.
Hugs,
Sarah
This past weekend I was at a wedding and with your upcoming anniversary (I'm not sure what I'd do without electronic calendars that remember year after year!) it made me think about your wedding. There are so many funny memories (printing programs, baking muffins at midnight), Susie's dress soaked from the garden ... Susie joking about polishing the doorknobs. I remember you guys wrote your own vows ... I don't remember them exactly. But it made me think of the young people before me, when you're young and hardship and death doesn't seem too near those vows seem so easy. I think all you needed to say was to love and to laugh ... to my two peas in a pod, I am glad you found each other.
Post a Comment