Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday, June 27th

She slept through the night last night albeit quite lightly - she fidgeted a bit at every bit of noise.

of COURSE, I could not fall asleep! ugh. Fell asleep about 1, I think.
I slept very lightly and kept waking up to make sure she was still there ;)

"Have you been around here - this building, that is?
I have no idea what is around here?"
This is our home, sweetie.

Grace arrived and helped Susie take a SHOWER! - she has only been able to have sponge baths for a couple of weeks now, so this was great. Her balance was so good that she was able to take a shower! woot for her!

After that, she ate cantaloupe and strawberries from our garden. That along with a lemon yogurt as well. Then I took her outside where I showed her a few things:

Wow - look at the lemon tree- Bob ate a ton of lemons while he was here!
"he sure did - he likes his lemonade"

And just look at the Cherry tree! look how much it's grown since we planted it!
"yeah, it was only about 4 feet tall then and now look at it!"


So, she does have her moments where she recalls things, however:

I'm going to pay the cleaners and then take the recycling out - I'll be back in a minute.
"Why are you paying the cleaners - we aren't at home"

We had a nice lunch that Kelley brought - yummeh sammiches! We ate on the patio and had many laughs. Susie was quite her normal self.

Then I took Susie back inside, but I think the wheelchair trip caused her to get sick. :( poor Susie. Even with the anti-nausea meds, she's still having problems with some movement.

She napped slightly while I went to work for an hour or so.


She was lying awake in the afternoon when the cleaners came and then Naomi came over and gave me a greek bottle of Olive Oil! (on *her* Birthday). Then Gwenn stopped by with some wonderful Greek food! (no shortage of food in our fridge!!).
She stayed awake until after they left and then fell back asleep. Quiet evening so far.



Funny:
If you need anything, just call us.
"OK.... US!!!!!!"

1 comment:

KelleyK said...

Funny:

Mark, Susie, and I were joking about paying people in cash, check, or kibble. Mark said, "that's probably an *acquired* taste - people eating kibble." Susie replied, "No problem. It's the same as kids drinking beer."