OK, Sleeping pills just DON'T work on her! ;)
She napped most of the evening while Bob and I sat by a campfire drinking some wine outside.
When I went to bed (~11), she was randomly chatting in and out of Klingon, but mostly ok. I gave her her last nighttime pills (plus a sleeping pill) and she attempted to snooze. She kept getting up every 10 minutes to do something. I helped her to the bathroom once (no luck), and then again 10 minutes later. It was funny, the second time she got up, I had asked where she wanted to go and she looked at me as though I was insane (no funny comments please, you freaks). "To the bathroom?" she says. Success this time, but on the way back to bed, she was standing there, refusing help, when she pitched backwards away from me. She tried grabbing the bed rail on the way by, but it pulled loose. She somewhat stopped herself on the shutters, but she did go all the way down. Not too bad, but scary how fast it happened. Even if I had a hand, she still would have fallen. Man, it's hard to know how to stop that from happening when you don't know which direction she's going to fall! I got her up easily and back into bed.
She finally got to sleep ~2-3ish.
We've started pre-waking her up before the Home Health Aid (Grace) shows up, so that she's not too out of it when Grace is trying to help her. That seems to work well. Grace commented that she brushed her own teeth today!
Elise picked up Bob and took him to the airport this morning. He's planning on returning in about 2 weeks. I'm glad he's taking a break - he needs it, but he will be missed.
Susie fidgeted most of the morning and was complaining that her head hurt. She lounged in bed most of the day.
Kelley and Conrad came over for a visit in the mid-afternoon. They visited with Susie for a bit, then went off to the store to get us some groceries.
Bobby and Stephanie picked up Mark from San Jose airport and brought him to the house. He hung out and talked with Sally while Bobby, Stephanie, Kelley, Conrad and I hung out on the patio.
Susie woke up mid evening and could not go back to sleep. She refused help when going for ice cream. She said she wanted to go back to sleep, but was headed to the living room. Heh. Up and down and up and down until finally about 12:30, She fell asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Random funny:
Susie got up at one point in the afternoon and wanted to walk out toward the kitchen or bathroom - I couldn't tell. I was sort of blocking her path, trying to get her into the wheelchair. Her face got an unhappy look to it and she said, "Go...Go... Go" wanting me to move out of the way.
But instead, she walked around the edge of the bed and crawled back onto it, lying face down. Then she said, "look, I'm a cat". Very good Owen impression! :)
Post a Comment